Navient Associate Systems Programmer in Newark, Delaware
The Associate Systems Programmer will maintain and update system software packages, utilities and hardware products, conduct research and consult on product problems and usage and assist in the development of system measuring, monitoring and reporting mechanisms. Incumbent will also measure, monitor and report on assigned products, develop system interfaces and computer programs to customize products to Navient's environment, assist with the management of existing applications, and provide daily technical support in the prescribed areas.
- Perform Systems Programming
a. Develop and document recommendations for management review. b. Develop project plans for new software and hardware product implementations. c. Review maintenance and new releases of products with management to coordinate installation.
- Problem Solving
a. Perform system problem analysis. b. Apply appropriate maintenance to correct problems.
- Performance Monitoring
a. Assist in the definition of methods and procedures for performance monitoring. b. Monitor and report growth and utilization of assigned products. c. Identify potential and actual bottlenecks for assigned hardware and systems software products. Develop and implement corrective recommendations.
- Vendor and Customer Management
a. Interface with vendors, other departments, and management in accomplishing projects, solving problems, and providing technical support. b. Conduct research on product problems and usage.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum 2-3 years of systems programming experience with a good working knowledge of HTML 5, CSS 3, JAVA Script, jQuery and SQL Server.
- Experience with design, documentation, testing, creation, modification and performance monitoring of computer programs.
- Experience working successfully as a liaison to other departments and management
- Bachelor's Degree - Computer Science, Management Information Systems - additional equivalent experience above the required minimum may substitute for the checked level of education
All offers of employment are contingent on standard background checks. Navient and certain of its affiliated companies are federal, state and/or local government contractors. Should this position support a federal government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. Positions that support state and/or local contracts also may require additional background checks to determine eligibility and suitability.
EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Protected Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity Navient Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America.
Navient is a drug free workplace.