Navient Customer Service Resolution Specialist in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
At Navient, you can expect the energy and focus of a new company, and the stability and expertise of a Fortune 500 industry leader. We come ready to provide the scale and skill to address the individual needs of our 12 million customers whose loans we service, and the diverse needs of our government, higher education, and business clients.
Navient offers competitive pay starting at $12/hour plus the potential to earn monthly performance bonuses!
Bilingual Spanish candidates encouraged to apply.
Training will be dayshift Monday-Friday for the first 5 weeks with perfect attendance required.
After training the hours will be Monday-Friday: Three days from 8-4:30 and two days from 12:30 to 9pm. Also, One Saturday per month for 4 hours between 8am-2pm.
- On average, over 70% of employees achieve a bonus each month
- Promotional opportunities available
- Overtime hours available
- Excellent benefits such as medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, paid time off and more!
The Customer Resolution Specialist will take calls through our dialer system so they must be comfortable working in a fast paced environment in a call center. This position is accountable for contacting Department of Education student loan customers, endorsers, and co-makers whose accounts are more than 60 days delinquent or critically nearing default.
The Customer Resolution Specialist is charged with reducing delinquency and securing payments from delinquent customers by effectively communicating the importance of loan responsibility and the consequences of default. This Specialist counsels delinquent customers on all available repayment and deferment options to resolve the customer's delinquent status.
Navient is located conveniently in the Hanover Industrial Park in Wilkes-Barre, PA.
- High School diploma or GED
- Minimum 6 months experience in a call center or customer service environment
- Excellent computer skills and the ability to operate mainframe applications in a business environment
- Excellent verbal communications skills, including the ability to express complex concepts clearly and concisely using proper grammar
- Ability to effectively negotiate with customers to secure commitment to pay
- Ability to listen and "hear" the customer's concern so that the appropriate response is given
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment
All offers of employment are contingent on standard background checks. Navient and certain of its affiliated companies are federal, state and/or local government contractors. Should this position support a federal government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. Positions that support state and/or local contracts also may require additional background checks to determine eligibility and suitability.
EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Protected Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity Navient Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America.
Navient is a drug free workplace.